Two months in, where to begin?
Sadly, I’ve been pretty consumed with my day job this month. I haven’t been as active in my extracurricularÂ activities, but there’s still a few things to report on.
- Had a date night with the wife. We went to see the movie Split at the Alamo Drafthouse. The whole experience was good.
- Began training for a 5k I will participate in on April 1.
- Attended the DevFest KC conference.
- Broke my social media fast. As a friend of mine commented, “So, your relationship with social media is pretty complicated, isn’t it?”
- Read the book Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance.
- Wrote three blog posts.
- Assisted a friend, who I’ve been mentoring about web development, get her first website online.
March has a few more things lined up. I plan on taking a month away from television. I’m going to do some specializedÂ studying on my own about something for work, and I’ll continue my 5k training. I also plan on taking a vacation week toward the end of the month, and hopefully â€” weather permitting â€” get some camping in.
Oh yeah, and I need to get my taxes done. It’s time to pay the man!